- Go to last slide Go to next slideResearchSelected Research1. Hardeep Bassi Richard Yim, Rohith Koduluka, Joshua Vendrow, Cherlin Zhu, Hanbaek Lyu. Learning to predict synchronization of coupled oscillators on heterogeneous graphs. [preprint; under review, PNAS]2. Richard Yim, Jamie Haddock, Deanna Needell. Statistical Learning for Best Practices in Tattoo Removal [preprint; under review, SIURO]3. Richard Yim, Jamie Haddock, Deanna Needell. The Model Collaborative Rank... [in progress]
- Go to previous slide Go to next slideProjectsSelected ProjectsViral or Bust?
Predicting early viewer growth of YouTube Videos. (Kaggle competition, finished 1/28; Team Covariance-19.)
[YouTube-Oracle; Kaggle Competition]Crawling the Internet.
A collection of webscrapers using Selenium for various websites--integrated with MySQL databases.
[Web-Briareus]What's on Your Pandemic Playlist?
A study of top 200 Spotify hits in the US since the beginning of quarantine.
[Pandemic-Playlist]Will it Synchronize?
Machine learning and deep learning model applications for learning to predict cellular automata dynamics.
[L2PSync]Decision-Making Under Uncertainty.
A repository of reinforcement learning algorithm implementations.
- Go to previous slide Go to next slideArticlesSelected Articles(Under Construction)
- Go to previous slide Go to next slideRolesHomeboy IndustriesStatistics Consultant[12/20-7/21]
RolesNSF Computational Applied Math REUUndergraduate Researcher[7/20-9/20]
- Cleaned and worked on dataset consisting of more than 2,000 patients that have received tattoo removal.
- Produced deliverables and reports for Homeboy Industries stakeholders; presented final talk to Homeboy Industry management and healthcare professionals.
- Developed a novel application of Long-term Recurrent Convolutional Networks on graphons (sequences of graph adjacency matrices).
- Received award to study Firefly Cellular Automata (FCA) with Dr. Hanbaek Lyu at UCLA as part of the National Science Foundation's Research Experience for Undergraduates.
- Go to previous slide Go to next slideRolesOlga Radko Endowed Math CircleLead Instructor[6/20-8/21]
- Organized class logistics, other instructors for Intermediate 1 and 2 groups (5th/6th and 6th/7th grades).
RolesUCLA Mathematics DepartmentStudent Reader[9/20-7/21]
- Guided group exercises with Intermediate 2 group of Math Circle students in problem solving topics.
PIC Lab Assistant[7/19-7/21]
- Graded and read student assignments for courses in calculus I/II and upper division linear algebra (Math 31B/32A/115A).
- Provided computing assistant for students in related software; served at virtual helpdesk during pandemic.
- Go to previous slide Go to next slideRolesRuffalo Noel LevitzStudent Fundraiser[7/17-8/18]
RolesUniversity Housing Cooperative AssociationJanitorial Staff[6/19-8/19]
- Raised $21,983.89 in both direct over the phone gifts and pledges to programs across UCLA.
- Performed 50.2% credit card participation, close rate, directly from cold calling alumni and friends of the university.
- Resident living hygiene custodian. (i.e., besides data cleaning, I know a little too much about real cleaning...)
- Patrolled entire property during night time from 12AM-6AM on property keeping the peace.
I'm currently a graduate student in the Applied Mathematics Department at UC Davis. I completed my undergraduate degree with majors in mathematics and statistics at UCLA.
My research interests are primarily in machine learning and statistics.
In my free time I enjoying going to the gym, cooking at home, and listening to good music.
You can reach me at my work email: email@example.com.